Paul Evans Architects (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we hold will be stored and processed by us. Please read the following statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Your Privacy is Important to us
This notice sets out how we use the information we hold and how we protect your privacy. It also explains your rights under the UK Data Protection Act (update 2018) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018. We abide by UK Law and our data protection regulator within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office.
The information we collect and hold
In order to provide our services, we may hold personal data such as your name, address, contact details and other data as necessary in order to operate as an architectural practice.
The data we collect falls into 3 categories:
- personal data relating to clients
- personal data relating to the consultants, contractors and suppliers we work with or come into contact with during our normal operations as an architectural practice
- personal data relating to our people
The personal information that we hold is for the following reasons:
- Your information may be used to introduce you to the services we offer, to help with ongoing administration, to contact you with any review or changes that are applicable, for our own business research and analysis.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Withholding or not consenting to us holding the data we may deem necessary may adversely affect the service we provide.
Sharing your data
We may share your personal data with the following organisations:
- We may verify your identity and carry out credit reference checks by searching publicly available records
- Business partners only as neccesary in connection with the provision of our services
We will not sell or share your information with any third parties unless we have obtained additional consent from you.
Your rights regarding your data
- We will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary and no longer than 5 years after the completion of a project unless there is a legal requirement for retaining your information
- If we discover that the data we hold is inaccurate we will rectify this without delay
- Should you wish us to delete your data at any point, please contact us as set out below to make the request. This will be actioned unless there is a legal requirement for us to retain the information in which case you will be advised accordingly
- You can request access to your data at any time. We will provide you with full details of the information we hold
- We may contact you from time to time to maintain our business relationship with you in connection with the services we offer. If you do not consent to this please contact us to let us know, and we will terminate our contact with you
We have in place a full information security policy, business continuity and disaster recovery plans. We take data security very seriously and have in place we feel the most secure options available to store and transfer your data securely. We can provide details on request.
Where we store your personal data:
Our contact details
Should you wish to contact us in relation to any issues within this notice, please contact:
Paul Evans Architects
Milton Hall, Ely Road, Milton, Cambridge CB24 6WZ
T +44(0)1223 904240
We will respond promptly
Your right to complain
Should you wish to make a complaint in relation to data protection issues relating to our company, please contact us at the above address or you can contact our regulator as follows:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
T +44(0)303 123 1113 (local rate) or +44(0)1625 545 745 if you would prefer to use a national rate number
We are required under the Regulations to obtain your consent to our collection, processing, sharing and holding of your personal data. Please ensure you have read this notice fully and accept all that it contains. If you have any queries regarding this notice please contact us.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your desktop computer or mobile device when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed and security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
Website visitor statistics
We use: Google Analytics
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however is likely to limit the functionality of our and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.